Article 13Personal data and data protection
13.1 What information do we collect?
Verachtert processes your personal data when you use our services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with us. Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- First and last name
- Address data
- Phone number
- Mobile number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example when you create an account in our online shop or when you communicate with us (e.g. by telephone)
- Location data
- Information about your activities on our website
- Data about your web surfing behavior across various websites (f.e. because this company is part of an advertising network)
- Internet browser and device type
- Bank account number
13.2 How do we use your information?
Verachtert processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To handle your payment
- To send you direct marketing (for example our newsletter and/or advertising brochure)
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To inform you about changes to our services and products
- To give you the opportunity to create an account in the online shop
- To deliver goods and services to you
- Verachtert also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as information that we need for our tax return.
13.3 Automated decision making
Verachtert does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions that are taken by computer programs or systems without involving a person (for example, a Verachtert employee).
13.4 How long do we store personal data
Verachtert does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected.
13.5 Sharing personal data with third parties
Verachtert will only provide your data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
13.6 View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Verachtert and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal information we have in your computer file to you or another organization mentioned by you. You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org
13.7 How we protect personal data
Verachtert takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you are under the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact email@example.com.
13.8 General information
We always strive to ensure that the use of your personal data is strictly in accordance with the legislation applicable in Belgium and in the European Union, in particular:
- The Belgian Act of December 8, 1992 (Law on the protection of privacy), last amended by the law of December 11, 1998.
- The European Regulation on the protection of privacy (GDPR legislation in force 25/05/2018)